It is imperative that defined contribution plan sponsors understand their fiduciary obligations. Our Fiduciary Focus series offers materials and insights to help you and your plan sponsor clients navigate fiduciary issues to ensure plan compliance.
- A Plan Sponsor’s Guide to Understanding Fiduciary Responsibilities in a 401(k) Plan – This guide offers a step-by-step approach to help plan sponsors understand and meet their fiduciary responsibilities with checklists and worksheets.
- A Plan Sponsor’s Guide to Fiduciary Audits – This guide encourages and provides a framework for plan sponsors to take a proactive approach to plan governance.
- Limiting Fiduciary Exposure – This five-step plan is designed to provide a framework to guide plan fiduciaries in evaluating their governance procedures for ERISA compliance-related duties.
- Keep Your Qualified Plan Compliant—Resources for Plan Sponsors – To help sponsors keep their qualified plans compliant, this brochure provides checklists and valuable links to resources furnished by the IRS and the DOL.
- A Guide to Retirement ERISA Budget Accounts – ERISA budget accounts are designed to help plans control costs by recapturing certain revenue sharing dollars and using them to pay plan administration costs. This guide covers the DOLs view on these accounts and what plans should consider if they decide to leverage an ERISA budget account.
- Operating in Compliance—Understanding IRS and DOL Audit Hot-Button Issues – This presentation reviews retirement regulations, includes top of mind IRS and DOL audit issues, and how plan sponsors can address them.