The strategy seeks to invest in senior loans with the most attractive income and price appreciation potential commensurate with underlying risks and other factors. By employing bottom-up, fundamental credit analysis, the team seeks comprehensive understanding of individual issuers, its outstanding senior loans, and its corresponding industry.
Credit analysts conduct bottom-up, fundamental analysis across the credit spectrum that drives their industry allocation and security selection decisions. Portfolio managers establish strategy direction, ensure risk exposures are as intended and review performance. The result is an actively managed, diversified portfolio of attractively valued senior loans.
- Credit-centric, bottom-up, fundamental research seeks to mitigate credit risk
- Focus on senior loans that are generally tradable in the secondary market
- Industry diversification – industry overweight and underweight limits
- Issuer diversification – modest position size limits per issuer
Firm Level: Independent Risk Management Team
- Performs comprehensive portfolio reviews with investment team and senior management
- Monitors individual security holdings across the entire firm