The strategy invests primarily in small- and mid-cap companies domiciled outside the U.S. that offer opportunities for growth. The investment team looks to identify structural, durable tailwinds that will drive sustainable growth. We avoid cyclical, commoditized, heavily regulated industries and state-owned enterprises.
The team takes a contrarian investment approach, where market dislocation creates opportunities to invest in high-quality businesses. Entrance price is key to maximizing return. It is important to understand direct and indirect security risk and the probability of permanent loss. Risk needs to be assessed and diversified across regions, sectors and holdings.
Portfolio Level Monitoring
- Active security, industry and sector weights
- Projected volatility and tracking error
- Exposure to unintended factor bets
- Liquidity risk
Firm Level Monitoring
- Comprehensive portfolio review with investment team and senior management
- Individual security holdings across the entire firm