Structural growth themes can provide tailwinds for earnings and cash flow growth. We focus on companies, not countries, and seek exceptional companies with sustainable advantages and innovative or disruptive business models. We feel that entry price is the key to future returns. Furthermore, we use the concept of innovation as a lens to identify transformational growth companies.
We define innovation broadly as a product, brand, business model or strategic differentiation that results in either the establishment of an entirely new market or in rapid share gains within an existing market.
- Monitor portfolio positioning and active risk resulting from individual security selection
- Monitor company characteristics seeking attractive risk/reward opportunities
- Broad diversification* across geography, sector and market capitalization
- Monitor and regularly stress test portfolio
- Monitor active security, industry and sector risk
Firm Level: Independent Risk Management Team
- Performs comprehensive portfolio reviews with investment team and senior management
- Monitors individual security holdings across the entire firm