OppenheimerFunds Will Reach 10,000 Kids by 2020 with Math Literacy
Giving back entails more than writing a check. We believe in taking an active, hands-on approach to serving our communities. Through our Philanthropy initiatives, OppenheimerFunds employees will reach 10,000 kids with math literacy programs by 2020.
- Only 44% of U.S. high school graduates are ready for college-level math.
- Just 7% of U.S. students reached advanced level eighth-grade math.
We have key partnerships with nonprofit organizations that share our beliefs and core values including:
- The National Museum of Mathematics (MoMath)
- The Boys and Girls Club
- Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS)
- Rotating charitable projects across the United States
OppenheimerFunds employees bring our core values of excellence, integrity, collaboration, and passion to our local communities, where we live and work. In addition, our employees have the opportunity to participate in an international education outreach program and make a difference to a wide range of organizations and causes through our Volunteer Time Off (VTOP) and Matching Gift Programs.
In 2015 our philanthropy and community programs received more involvement than ever, as employees rolled up their sleeves to make a difference.