For many Americans, Social Security will make up a significant portion of income in retirement, yet few understand Social Security basics and claiming options.
As Social Security benefits represent about 39% of retirees’ income1, understanding Social Security basics and claiming maximization options may give you a competitive edge. In fact, Social Security planning is the number one client concern, even among those in upper income brackets.2
Use these tools to help your clients build a successful plan for Social Security retirement benefits.
- Social Security 2016 Changes: This flyer highlights Social Security changes resulting from the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, most particularly File and Suspend and the Restricted Application.
- Social Security Client Seminar: Covers Social Security basics, age claiming impacts, maximization strategies for widow(er)s, divorcees and married couples with an emphasis on incorporating Social Security into an overall retirement income plan.
- Social Security Brochure: Learn about Social Security basics, age claiming impacts and special claiming options strategies.
- Social Security Seminar Announcement: Personalize with seminar details and contact information.
- Complimentary Social Security Consultation Sign Up: Clients can sign up for a one on one consultation.
1 Employee Benefit Research Institute Current Population Survey, March 2011↩
3 By clicking on the link above, you may be leaving our website and entering an external website. OppenheimerFunds and its affiliates is not responsible for the content posted on third party websites.↩
This material is provided for general and educational purposes only, and is not intended to provide legal, tax or investment advice, or to avoid penalties that may be imposed under U.S. federal tax laws. Contact your attorney or other advisor regarding your specific legal, investment or tax situation.