A relationship built on performance will also be lost on performance. Rather than leading with product, you need to lead with an objective, demonstrable, and comprehensive process. You have to expand the client’s perception of your role and value beyond the confines of pure investment performance. Don’t just manage financial assets – help manage their financial lives.
Here are the benefits to a more comprehensive wealth management approach:
- Expands your perceived value in the lives of your clients
- Easier to refer this approach because it’s objective and more broadly-applicable
- Multiple (and more stable) streams of revenue
- Harder to replicate with another advisor or online
- Takes better care of clientele – the mission is to protect and serve
Please review the Compelling Conversations Guidebook, and explore the additional content and resources in this series.