With the turn of the first quarter of 2018, OppenheimerFunds would like to congratulate our Investment Grade Debt team, which marked its 9-year anniversary at the firm in March. Since taking over the firm’s investment grade strategies in March 2009, the team – led by Chief Investment Officer and Portfolio Manager Krishna Memani and co-Team lead and Portfolio Manager Peter Strzalkowski, CFA – has sought to generate outperformance while serving as the “ballast” of an overall portfolio.
Portfolio Ballast, Consistent Investment Approach
To pursue this goal of delivering outperformance, while providing a ballast for portfolios, the team employs a consistent investment approach that is predicated on:
- Operating within a risk-controlled framework that includes the use of stop-outs;
- Employing a shorter-term investment horizon of 6-12 months; and
- Seeking diversified exposure across agency mortgage-backed securities, corporate credit and structured credit, while avoiding:
- Exposures to emerging markets debt, deep high yield credit (B-rated & below) and collateralized loan obligations, and
- Material interest rate and yield-curve bets.
The Oppenheimer Investment Grade Debt team continues to manage strategies designed to hold value during periods of stock market volatility.
Read more about the team and the strategies it manages.