- Identify plans that could benefit from utilizing a semi-custom TDF strategy.
- Contact recordkeeper to verify the infrastructure and capabilities to support and administer semi-custom TDFs.
- Consult with the plan sponsor to identify ideal TDF design characteristics which will establish the foundation for the semi-custom TDF design.
- Determine whether the plan’s core investment menu satisfies the desired asset allocation required to build the semi-custom TDF(s).
- Create a proposal for the plan sponsor and investment committee explaining the rationale and potential benefits of implementing a semi-custom TDF in their DC plan.
Discussion of semi-custom target date models is not intended to represent investment advice that is appropriate for all investors. Each investor's portfolio must be constructed based on the individual's financial resources, investment goals, risk tolerance, investing time frame, tax situation and other relevant factors.
OppenheimerFunds does not recommend any specific asset allocations. A financial advisor can suggest an asset allocation strategy designed to meet your financial goals, time horizon and risk tolerance. Asset allocation cannot eliminate the risk of fluctuating prices and uncertain returns and does not assure a profit or protect against loss.
OppenheimerFunds is not undertaking to provide impartial investment advice or to provide advice in a fiduciary capacity.
Mutual funds and exchange traded funds are subject to market risk and volatility. Shares may gain or lose value.
These views represent the opinions of OppenheimerFunds, Inc. and are not intended as investment advice or to predict or depict the performance of any investment. These views are as of the publication date, and are subject to change based on subsequent developments.